Raw Chia Seed Jam! Delicious and Nutritious. Pure, raw fuel for your body..
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 10 min
- 1 cup berries fresh or frozen and thawed
- 1 tablespoon water (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds adding more will thicken the jam
- 1⁄2 tsp lemon
- sweetener to taste honey, maple syrup, stevia
- Mash some or all of berries using a fork, potato masher, blender or food processor until desired consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir well until everything is incorporated. If you left some berries aside stir them in now.
- Transfer jam to a glass jar, cover, and place in fridge for at least 1 hour to set up.
You can use Sucanat or coconut palm sugar ~ either of them must be dissolved into liquid before adding.
Place sugar in a mug and boil water using the smallest amount of boiling hot water pour into mug to dissolve the sweetener, this is to avoid excess liquid in the jam.
Will store in the refrigerator for 1 week
Chia seeds can rapidly absorb a large amount of liquid—up to 12 times their volume in 10 min.
Tara Tellier is the owner of Roots of Nutrition. In search of a better way to improve her own health, Tara studied and became a Registered Holistic Nutritionist (R.H.N.). She enjoys developing healthy choice recipes for herself and her clients.
Roots of Nutrition | www.rootsofnutrition.com