Fall branch collection will start October 24 and continue until November 25.
Niagara Region, Oct. 17, 2016 - An extra week of branch collection has been added due to the anticipated early fall season. Fall branch collection will start October 24 and continue until November 25. Branch collection takes place on residents' regular garbage/recycling collection day during this time.
Curbside branch collection is available across the region to all single residential households and apartments with six units or less. When setting out branches for collection it is important to remember:
- Branches must be tied in bundles
- Maximum weight of bundle = 22.7 kg (50 lbs.)
- Maximum size of bundle = 1.5 m (5 ft.) in length and 0.5 m (1.6 ft.) in diameter
- Individual branches inside of the bundle must not exceed 7 cm (2.8 in.) in diameter
- Branches must be at the curb by 7 a.m. on your designated collection day
Fall 2016 Branch Collection
Branches and leaf and yard waste are sometimes picked up in a separate truck, as a result, the collection of branches and leaf and yard waste may occur at a different time than your garbage/recycling.
In addition to curbside collection, branches and yard waste can also be dropped off by residents at one of the Region's landfills or residential waste and recycling drop-off depots for free.
For more information about Niagara Region's waste management services, including landfill / drop-off locations and hours of operation, call the Waste Info-Line at 905-356-4141 or 1-800-594-5542, or visit www.niagararegion.ca/waste .