Every summer we look for unique recipes for both entertaining and for everyday meals for the family. This one is sure to please. After all, we all scream for ice cream.
(NC) Perfectly crispy and impeccably creamy, this dessert is a sweet summer treat. Paired with whipped cream, raspberries and pineapple, the cherry on top of this sundae is actually cinnamon-sugar for a delicious churro taste.
Churro Ice Cream SundaeServes: 4
Prep time: 15 minutes
Total time: 5 hours, 15 minutes
Ingredients:• 2 cups Great Value Cowmooflage
• 1 egg, yolk discarded or 1/4 cup egg white
• 2 cups Corn Flakes, finely crushed
• 1 tbsp sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon
• Vegetable oil for frying
• 1 cup whipped topping
• 1 1/3 cups pineapple tidbits
• 1 1/3 cups raspberries
Directions:1. Line a rimmed baking sheet with plastic wrap.
2. Using a scoop, place 4, ½-cup balls of ice cream onto the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour. Once hardened, shape ice cream with hands to round out bottoms.
3. Whisk egg white until frothy in a medium bowl. Place Corn Flakes in a shallow dish. Dip ice cream in egg to coat completely and then coat in corn flakes. Return to prepared pan and freeze for 4 hours.
4. Stir sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
5. Heat 2 inches of oil in medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan to 375⁰F. Add ice cream in batches of 2 and fry for 15 seconds, turning gently with a slotted spoon. Remove with slotted spoon.
6. Remove and place in 4 bowls, adding a ¼ cup of whipped topping on each. Distribute pineapple and raspberries evenly among the bowls. Sprinkle each sundae with 1 tsp cinnamon sugar.
Tip: To make this dish even more authentic, drizzle with chocolate sauce and dulce de leche.
Find more summer dessert recipes online at walmart.ca/recipes.