Serve delicious desserts with Canadian ingredients: bananas, nuts, and honey.
(NC) Your kids will think they are getting dessert when you pull out this fun treat made with bananas, nuts and honey. Simple and nutritious, it's also perfect for entertaining or taking to work as a mid-afternoon snack.
When shopping for the ingredients, make sure to support locally produced foods by double checking your labels. Try BeeMaid honey, packed by producer-owned co-ops that have been a part of the Canadian food landscape for over 60 years.
“Our over 300 beekeeper owners take great pride in their ownership, and take extreme care to provide the best quality honey,” explains Guy Chartier, CEO. “We source it all from our owners, and this structure ensures that our honey is of consistent quality year after year, bottle after bottle.”
Honey Banana PopsIngredients:
• 1 1/3 cups (315 mL) ground toasted almonds, ground coconut, candy sprinkles and/or graham cracker crumbs
• 4 just-ripe bananas, peeled
• 1/2 cup (250 mL) BeeMaid honey
• 8 popsicle sticks
1. Spread your topping choices on a plate. Cut bananas in half crosswise. Insert a popsicle stick into each cut end.
2. To assemble, hold each banana half over plate or waxed paper to catch drips. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of honey over banana, rotating and smoothing with back of spoon to coat all sides. You can also squeeze honey from a plastic honey bear container and smooth out with a spoon.
3. Roll banana in topping of choice until coated on all sides, pressing with fingertips to help topping adhere. Place pops on waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
4. Repeat with remaining bananas, honey and topping. Serve at once.