Looking for something new to try this weekend? This Niagara Gold Galette will not disappoint!
NIAGARA GOLD GALETTE
A hap-hazard, free-form pie crust embraces imperfections while
delivering the same sweet results as its classical counterpart.
This rustic Niagara Gold crust folds in the bubbling fruit like an
edible cauldron. Serve warm with a slice of melted Niagara Gold
- 2 cups (500 mL)
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Niagara Gold Cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) milk
- ½ cup (125 mL) lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL)
- ½ tsp (2 mL) grated lemon rind
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon¼ tsp ground ginger
- 4 large Yellow Delicious apples, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) shredded Niagara Gold cheese
Between two sheets of waxed paper, roll out dough into 13-inch (33 cm) circle. Transfer to large baking sheet.
Spoon apple mixture into
Bake on lower rack in 425 ºF (220 ºC) oven for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 350 ºF (180 ºC) and bake for 30 minutes or until fruit is tender and crust is golden. Remove from oven and sprinkle with Niagara Gold. Let cool before serving.
Recipe provided courtesy of: