Simple snacks that satisfy every craving
Crispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn Squares
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutesServes: 18
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1 bag (82 g) Orville Redenbacher gourmet buttery microwaveable popcorn
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 pkg (10 oz) large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk chocolate chips
- Spray 13x9” (3L) glass baking dish and wooden spoon with cooking spray; set aside.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all un-popped kernels. Place popped corn in large bowl.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows. Heat 5 minutes or until marshmallows melt, stirring frequently. Add peanut butter and peanuts; stir until well combined. Pour over popcorn; mix well with greased wooden spoon.
- Place popcorn mixture in greased glass dish and press evenly using back of spoon. Sprinkle chocolate morsels evenly over popcorn mixture. Microwave on high 1 minute or until chocolate begins to melt. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
- Cut into 18 squares with serrated knife. Store in tightly sealed container up to three days.
Photo credit: Shutterstock.