Simple snacks that satisfy every craving
(NC) Craving something sweet and salty? These tasty popcorn squares are the perfect treat and great for snacking on during movies or serving at your next get-together. Indulge your sweet tooth using Orville Redenbacher Buttery microwaveable popcorn as a base, now made without any artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Crispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn Squares
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutesServes: 18
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1 bag (82 g) Orville Redenbacher gourmet buttery microwaveable popcorn
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 pkg (10 oz) large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk chocolate chips
- Spray 13x9” (3L) glass baking dish and wooden spoon with cooking spray; set aside.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all un-popped kernels. Place popped corn in large bowl.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add marshmallows. Heat 5 minutes or until marshmallows melt, stirring frequently. Add peanut butter and peanuts; stir until well combined. Pour over popcorn; mix well with greased wooden spoon.
- Place popcorn mixture in greased glass dish and press evenly using back of spoon. Sprinkle chocolate morsels evenly over popcorn mixture. Microwave on high 1 minute or until chocolate begins to melt. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set.
- Cut into 18 squares with serrated knife. Store in tightly sealed container up to three days.
Photo credit: Shutterstock.