Try this Guernsey Girl Crackle Tacos de Barbacoa by Chef Jose Hadad at Upper Canada Cheese Company
Guernsey Girl Crackle Tacos de Barbacoa
- 4- 3mm slabs Pan Fried Guernsey Girl Cheeseamb Barbacoa with red peppers (Recipe follows)
- Morita Sauce (Recipe follows)
- 5 Coriander sprigs
Presentation:1. Set Guernsey girl rolls on the presentation plate, lined up as per your desire (try to keep clean lines)
2. Run a line around the middle of the Tacos with the
3. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Pan Fried Guernsey girl
- 4 slabs Guernsey Girl
- Hot Pan, Seasoned with Canola Oil, salt
andFresh Black pepper
- Tequila (optional)
2. Fry cheese on
3. When starting to caramelize add tequila and
4. As soon as the fire is gone put fried cheese slabs on cutting board, put the lamb barbacoa half way and roll.
Shredded Lamb Barbacoa
- 2 lbs lamb Shoulder (or lamb shank for a smaller portion)
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 stalk Celery Chopped in four
- 1 medium Carrots
- 1 small piece Maguey (Optional, if you can get it)
- 3 Sprigs Lemon thyme(Opt)
- 1 Sprig Rosemary (Opt)
- 3 Sprig Oregano fresh
- 1 Red pepper, in strips
- 1 Medium Onion, in strips
- 1 tbsp Morita sauce
1. Put all ingredients in a pot (with the exception of the onion and the peppers at the end) and cook for approximately 2 1/2 hours, until meat is falling-off-the-bone tender.
2. Shred meat while still hot.
3. Cook strips of onions and peppers
4. Cook until sauce has coated the meat and pepper mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- 6 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/2 Dried Morita pepper, Reconstituted in warm water
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Set oven on broiler mode and put the tomatoes on a tray under the heat.
Watch the char and turn to char on all sides.
On a small
Add peppers and onions
Cook for about 15 min, and blend well.
Strain, back into the pot, season and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes, until desired consistency.
Recipe provided courtesy of: