Fire up the BBQ for a Smokey Cheesy Burger with Comfort Cream by Upper Canada Cheese Company.
Fire up the BBQ for a Smokey Cheesy Burger
- 3 cups cooked black lentils
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 cup toasted fine (whole-grain) bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 300gr round Smoked Comfort Cream
- 6 Cibatta rolls
- 1 jar Caramelized Onion Confit
Combine the lentils, eggs, and salt in a food processor. Puree - it will be runny and some lentils may remain whole. Add the onions and breadcrumbs; stir to combine.
Allow to rest to let the crumbs absorb the mixture – just a few minutes. Form into 6 burgers.
Slice the round of Smoked Comfort Cream cross-wise to yield 6 slices
Brush grill with oil. Cook burgers for 5 minutes or until golden then flip and finish cooking for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Place Cibatta rolls on the grill to lightly toast
Top each burger with a slice of Smoked Comfort Cream until just gooey.
Build your burger - adding a generous dollop of Caramelized Onion Confit to finish!
Recipe provided courtesy of: