Who doesn't love cheesecake - this one fit for the holidays.
Baked Ricotta Cheesecake Recipe
Here we are, a little more than a month away from the Holidays. It's time to start thinking about the menu, the treats, the baking. Tons of preparations required every year. Below you will find what might just become a new holiday favourite at the dinner table brought to you from our friends at Upper Canada Cheese Company in Jordan, Ontario.
- 2 – 8 oz packages of cream cheese
- 16 oz of Upper Canada Ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 3 tbsp of white flour
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups (500 mL) of sour cream
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F)
- Lightly grease a 9″ springform pan
- Mix cream cheese & ricotta cheese together in a mixing bowl until well combined
- Stir in sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, cornstarch, flour & butter. Add the sour cream last and stir.
- Pour mixture into a prepared springform pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, turn oven off and leave in oven 1 hour more.
- Allow cooling completely in refrigerator before serving.
Serve plain or with your favourite topping. We love to use Tracy's Jellies from Niagara-on-the-lake, just to keep it local.
This dessert also freezes well for future special functions.
Upper Canada Cheese Company is excited to be participating in several fundraising events to show that we care about our community. We will be a VIP sponsor at the Empty Bowls 2019 event which raises money for Bethlehem Housing and Support Services. In preparation for our guests, we have decided to experiment with a Ricotta cheesecake. We are hoping to pair up with one of our local artisan suppliers from the boutique store and add some of their delicious toppings to the dessert. To learn more about this annually sold-out event please visit https://www.bethlehemhousing.ca/site/empty-bowls-2019
Recipe provided courtesy of: