Bell Box Mural by artist Poonam Sharma at Pine St. and Elizabeth St. in Burlington, Ontario, 2020
Welland, ON – Starting July 2021 artists will paint murals on 17 Bell Canada outdoor utility boxes in Welland, Ontario, as part of the Bell Box Murals Project. The 2021 Welland Neighbourhood Murals are a partnership between the City of Welland, North Welland BIA, and the Bell Box Murals Project.
The Bell Box Murals Project is an independent, community-engaged art program of Community Matters Toronto. Since 2009, Bell Box Mural artists have painted 360 murals on Bell utility boxes in communities in Toronto, Southern Ontario and Québec.
The Bell Box Murals Project is an innovative collaboration between private business, community organizations, local artists and local governments that benefits all members of the community.
- Enhances residents’ sense of community
- Replaces graffiti and vandalism with original works of art
- Makes the streets more inviting to residents and visitors
- Provides a public art forum to reflect local culture and heritage
- Creates a public art gallery of local artists that is accessible to everyone
- Provides income and visibility for local artists
Artists are invited to submit an application to paint a mural on one of 17 Bell Canada outdoor utility boxes in Welland.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
BELL BOX MURALS PROJECT