Guernsey Girl and Vegetable Kabobs Recipe... Perfect for a weekend barbecue. Sweet dreams are made of cheese.
Guernsey Girl and Vegetable Kabobs
These kabobs made with Upper Canada’s famous grilling cheese are heavenly. The gooey, buttery Guernsey Girl adds a decadent dimension to these veggie kabobs!
- 500g Guernsey Girl cut into ¾ inch cubes
- 3 tbsp Sherry vinegar – white wine vinegar is a good substitute
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- Zucchini, tomato, onion cut into chunks
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ - ½ cup olive oil, as needed
Slice shallots thinly with a mandolin. In a small bowl, whisk together sherry vinegar, grainy mustard, salt and pepper. Slowly whisk in olive oil to make an emulsion. Add shallots and
veggies; make sure they are covered. Toss to combine and marinate for 10 minutes.
Thread the vegetables and cheese on to skewers
Grill over medium heat until cheese caramelizes and veggies are softened and lightly browned, about 3 – 4 minutes per side. Brush with additional marinade.
Recipe provided courtesy of: