Health Canada is advising consumers to check all Spirit Halloween products on the list below due to ongoing health and safety concerns.
On several occasions, Spirit Halloween has agreed to voluntarily stop sale or recall products that do not meet Canadian health and safety regulatory requirements. However, Health Canada recently visited 45 stores across Canada and found that 23 stores continued to sell products that Spirit Halloween had previously agreed to stop selling or recall.
Health Canada is concerned with the continued sale of the following products sold by Spirit Halloween, some of which have been recalled or should no longer be available to consumers following a voluntary stop sale. Health Canada will update this list if additional affected products are identified.
Product Action Requested Hazard Observed
- Spirit Halloween 100 Purple String Lights (SKU 01163427 ) Recall Fire hazard Shock hazard due to loose wiring
- Spirit Halloween 100 Orange String Lights (SKU 01163435) Stop sale Fire hazard
- Spirit Halloween Pumpkin Tiki Torch (SKU 01154160) Recall Missing hazard labelling and child resistant cap
- Spirit Halloween Skull Tiki Torch (SKU 01154178 ) Recall Missing hazard labelling and child resistant cap
- Spirit Halloween Feather Witch Hat (SKU 00643569) Recall Fire hazard
- Spirit Feather White Angel Wings (SKU 01039627 ) Recall Fire hazard
- Spirit Feather Black Angel Wings (SKU 01039619) Recall Fire hazard
What you should do
Consumers should not purchase the affected products listed above from Spirit Halloween and should check the Recalls and Safety Alerts Database for any products that were previously purchased. If you have a product that has been recalled, you should follow the actions described in the recall notice.
Consumers should keep checking this list for additional updates.
Report health or safety concerns
If you experience a health or safety problem with any product that you use, report it to Health Canada and to the manufacturer or the retailer where it was bought.