The Niagara Regional Police Service (NRPS) in conjunction with Niagara Accident Support Services Ltd. opened the third collision reporting centre (CRC) in the Niagara Region.
Members of the public involved in a collision within the Niagara Region that meets the criteria, can now be directed to use anyone of the three collision reporting centres located in:
- - NRPS 1 District St. Catharines 68 Church Street
- - NRPS 2 District Niagara Falls 5700 Valleyway
- - NRPS 3 District Welland 5 Lincoln Street West
Collision reporting centres were designed to reduce wait time for the public when they were involved in a motor vehicle collisions and free up officers to perform other duties. The use of a CRC has been shown to expedite insurance claims by two days. Communities that use a CRC model have also been shown to have sometimes have a reduction in collisions as officers are free to perform proactive traffic safety initiatives.
The hours of the new CRC in St. Catharines are:Monday to Friday - 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturdays - 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sundays -10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
To use the CRC the following reporting criteria must apply:
- Property damage in any amount.
- No injuries or fatalities.
- No criminal activity, such as impaired driving, stolen vehicle or dangerous driving is suspected.
- Not a dangerous goods hauler.
- Not a government vehicle (federal, provincial, municipal) including but not limited to cruisers, buses, plows, trucks etc..
- No damage to private property and/or highway.
- For a 'Fail to Remain' or 'Fail to Report', where a police officer attends and determines there are no witnesses or physical evidence.
- Report with 48 hours of the collision
- No objection to its use by either party
Members of the public with mobility or accessibility needs can call ahead and staff will meet you on the ground level or the public can go to the rear door of 68 Church Street where a phone is located and staff will then come meet you there (diagram attached).
Members of the public are directed to park their vehicles on Carlisle Street on the east side of the road (closet curb lane to police building see diagram).
For more information on the collision reporting centres in the Niagara Region go to: